Type of Information Collected
TKN may collect the following personal information from You when You create an account in, or submit information to, the Website: name, e-mail address, home address, country of residence, citizenship, nationality, birth date, home phone number, office phone number, mobile phone number, other contact information, employment information and educational history information.
You may consent to the use of personal information and You may withdraw consent to the use of this information (excluding such information which may be legally retained indefinitely) at any time (subject to reasonable notice and the legal obligations TKN is subject to). If no explicit consent is provided, Your consent is implied. You may withdraw consent by contacting TKN at the contact information provided below. Please note that withdrawing consent may result in a reduction in access to the Website and to the specific features of the Website.
Additionally, please note that TKN may aggregate the data (including personal information) it collects and by disclosing Your personal information on this Website You hereby agree and consent to TKN’s collection, use and disclosure of such data in aggregate anonymized form among the Institutions and third parties who support the mandate or the Institutions.
Use of Personal Information
TKN and the Institutions (as defined below) will use the personal information collected by them for the following reasons:
- To deliver information and services to You regarding TKN placements and opportunities within jamati institutions, Aga Khan Development Network (“AKDN”) organizations and the affiliates thereof;
- For institutional planning purposes including, without limitation, to assist with the creation, review and implementation of programs, services and measures intended to benefit the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslim community in Canada and throughout the world;
- To conduct statistical analysis necessary to further assist TKN and the Institutions in fulfilling their mandates;
- To deliver other information, services and programming to You that are provided in whole or in part by the Institutions as provided by their respective mandates;
- To improve TKN’s Website features and content;
- To analyze Website usage;
- For market research;
- For the planning of or response to a natural disaster, emergency event or imminent threat to the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslim community in Canada and throughout the world;
- To send You promotional materials and other information ONLY at Your request;
- To respond to Your comments or questions; and
- To provide You with content that is customized to Your interests based on the information You have provided to us and Your activities on the site.
When You navigate the Website, small files called ‘cookies’ may be attached to Your web browser. These files identify Your web browser and save information such as passwords so that websites can recognize You. You can set Your browser to disable cookies, but some websites may not work properly if You do this.
TKN uses the following types of cookies:
- Session cookies - These are used as an integral part of the identification process for some of TKN’s online applications. This is for security purposes to determine that You are who You say You are and to provide You with Your confidential account information during an online session. No personal information is kept in session cookies and they are stored only in Your browser's temporary (cache) memory. When You log out of Your session, the cookie is no longer valid and is discarded when You close Your browser.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Under no circumstances will Your personal information, which TKN collects, be communicated or disseminated to third parties, except as provided below or unless this is necessary to carry out the services You request on the Website. TKN currently discloses personal information to, inter alia, the following institutions (the “Institutions”):
- Aga Khan Development Network ("AKDN") organization and the affiliates thereof;
- His Highness Prince Aga Khan Shia Imami Ismaili Councils (national, regional and local councils) established in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and New Zealand and other parts of the world as in existence from time to time;
- Ismaili Tariqah and Religious and Education Boards;
- Ismaili Conciliation and Arbitration Boards;
- Ismaili Grants and Review Boards; and
- the boards and portfolios thereof.
In the normal course of business, TKN may disclose some personal information to service providers and suppliers.
TKN must also disclose personal information when required by law. For example, if TKN is presented with a search warrant or other legal order or if personal information is requested from an investigative body in relation to a breach of the law, personal information may be disclosed. Moreover, TKN may disclose personal information in order to collect a debt owed by You to TKN.
Protection of Privacy and Personal Information
Personal information will be processed by persons in charge of the processing for the purposes described above. In particular, these persons will record, organize, keep, elaborate, modify, select, and use or delete personal data to carry out the operations necessary to carry out the purposes for which you have given Your consent.
In the context of this Website, the processing of personal information will be performed by TKN and will be carried out using both paper and electronic tools.
TKN is committed to ensuring that Your personal information is secure and kept confidential. The following procedures are in place for TKN and other third party processors to ensure the security of Your personal information:
- Administrative, technical, and physical safeguards are used to avoid unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration and destruction of personal information.
- Access to personal information is only provided to representatives, associates, employees, and third parties on a need to know basis.
- All people employed by TKN receive special training regarding privacy protection and confidentiality.
- All computers which store personal information are password-protected.
With respect to the processing of personal data, You will be entitled to do the following:
- Obtain a confirmation from TKN as to whether or not personal information relating to You has been collected, and whether such information is being used and/or disclosed to third parties;
- Request the deletion of (i) Your personal information which was collected, used or disclosed unlawfully, and (ii) personal information which was been collected but that is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected;
- Request updating, rectification or, where applicable, completion of Your personal information; and
- Request a statement confirming that the operations requested above were performed.
TKN will disclose breaches of Your personal information as required by applicable law.
Retention of Information
Last modified: March 1, 2017